Welcome



Sunday, October 18, 2015

                                                                         
Reflection 
                                                
   Time to take a  look back on my week.  








Last night a new acquaintance asked me about my work. I heard myself enthusiastically respond  how much I love my work, because I get to teach children how to read.  I went on to share that sometimes I see the magic of the moment when a student suddenly realizes they can read. Other times it does not happen this way,  it is a longer and more gradual process.  This week I was blessed. I watched two students become readers. Two. Granted, they were reading last week and the week before that. However, they did not quite believe it yet. And now they do. Will they have to continue to work hard, harder than their non-dyslexic peers? Yes, of course. But now they believe they are readers. And their parents saw it too. I emailed the parents of both students and they both responded that they had seen the same thing, they were interested in reading at home. It was a good week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment